On average, people in the USA spend about $390 on gas every month.
What if we told you that you can save this cash instead? That’s right, our ProMoneySavings financial experts have tested various ways of scooping free car juice. If you would like to learn how to get free gas cards every month, keep reading.
In this article, we will list over 12 legit strategies for grabbing fuel at no cost to you. From completing surveys to using specialized apps, the options are surprising.
Table of Contents
- 1 List Of 10+ Legit Ways To Get Free Gift Cards
- 1.1 Join Swagbucks
- 1.2 Use Credit Card Rewards
- 1.3 Complete Surveys
- 1.4 Collect Grocery Store Gas Points
- 1.5 Scoop Free Gas Card Promotions
- 1.6 Join Gas Station Rewards Programs
- 1.7 Register With MyPoints.com
- 1.8 Put Ads On Your Car
- 1.9 Apply At Free Gas USA
- 1.10 Ask Local Charities For Help
- 1.11 Join GasBuddy
- 1.12 Use Travel Rebates
- 2 Best Ways To Get Free Gas – Final Thoughts
List Of 10+ Legit Ways To Get Free Gift Cards
Without further ado, let us share proven ways to drive for free. If you don’t like saving on gasoline , scroll down to find the best ways to get free gas in 2020.
Swagbucks is a legit way to grab gasoline without paying money. This is a reputable platform that has been online for years now. Americans who use it can potentially make up to $5 each day. The average monthly earnings, however, move around $90.
So, how exactly do people make money via the app? They don’t. Instead, they collect Points by watching videos, taking surveys, and completing polls. You can use these Swagbucks to get free gift cards from the Rewards Store.
Prizes include Amazon vouchers and PayPal Cash. These offers change, so sometimes you can purchase gas cards too. For example, Swagbucks used to offer a $100 ExxonMobil Gift Card for 10,000 SB.
Use Credit Card Rewards
Do you often find yourself wondering, “I need gas and have no money, what now?” Well, one way to deal with the situation is to use your credit card rewards. Just remember, this makes sense only if your card doesn’t come with high-interest rates. Otherwise, it’s better to pay for your fuel and avoid collecting credit card rewards.
Below, we have listed the best credit cards for gas rewards. Consider applying for one only if you can afford it. Meaning, make sure you can cover monthly payments in time.
- Bank of America Cash Rewards – you earn 1% unlimited on any purchase, 2% at grocery stores, and 3% in a category of your own choice;
- American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card – win up to $6,000 every year via 6% cashback at American supermarkets. Streaming subscriptions also earn you 6% cashback, while transit costs (gas included) get you 3%. Plus, earn 1% on any other purchase;
- Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards – every day and with every purchase you win an unlimited cashback of 1.5%;
- Discover it Secured – all purchases with this card get you 1% cashback. Paying at restaurants and gas stations earns you 2% up to $1,000 per quarter.
Did you know that you can complete surveys for cash but also for gift coupons? In fact, this is among the most popular easy jobs to work from home in 2020. Surveys are also a great way to grab free gas cards online!
Create your profile and start completing surveys. Depending on the survey’s length and complexity, your prize can vary from low to considerable. Answer questions about yourself, your personal preferences, and various products. In no time, you will get enough points to claim a fuel coupon.
Here are some popular survey websites to join:
- Survey Junkie – a reliable and famous option. Survey Junkie won’t do any tricks and try to scam you from your points. Instead, the platform remains a powerful source of income to millions of Americans willing to do the work. The minimum cashout amount at Survey Junkie is 1,000 points, which equals $10. You can use them to claim petrol vouchers, if available, or withdraw cash;
- PrizeRebel – similar to Survey Junkie, PrizeRebel is a trusted and popular survey website. Users can sign up within minutes and then take surveys to earn points. Besides spending the points on Walmart and Domino’s vouchers, you can also grab free Shell gift cards too;
- Amazon mTurk – everything powered by Amazon is a success these days. Their Amazon Mechanical Turk platform isn’t different. Join or use your own Amazon account to access mTurk. Fill out basic info about yourself and start completing surveys. Instead of fuel coupons, Amazon pays in cash. Still, you can use the money to purchase free or discount gasoline gift cards.
Collect Grocery Store Gas Points
Grocery store loyalty programs are huge across the US. They all work similarly. You buy groceries there, show your card, and collect points. These loyalty points are worth money or, in some cases, free gas.
What’s best about grocery store loyalty schemes is that they cost nothing to join. Meaning, you only gain by using them.
Don’t know where to start? No problem! Read further to find some popular stores where you can claim gratis petrol.
- Giant Food & Drugstore – when it comes to free auto gas promos, Giant Extra Rewards is our first pick. For every 100 points collected by making eligible purchases, you get 10¢ off per gallon. You get to track your progress online. Plus, Giant often sends exclusive promos to members directly to their inbox;
- Kroger Fuel Program – this program is designed to earn free fuel to Kroger customers. Every time you do your shopping there, you win a point. One dollar spent gets you a point and additional 2x fuel points. Besides shopping in the store, you earn points from shopping at Fred Meyer Jewelers and the Kroger Pharmacy;
- Safeway Rewards Program – Exxon, Chevron, Texaco, Mobil. These are among the Safeway partners where you can get free gasoline vouchers. Every $1 spent in Safeway and Pharmacy equals one point. Buying gift cards from Safeway earns you two points. A hundred of Safeway points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at qualifying gas stations.
Scoop Free Gas Card Promotions
Anyone who wants free goodies must keep their eyes open. Namely, brands often run promotions that involve giving out gasoline vouchers to participants. Such promos are especially useful when the price of fuel goes up.
The best way to discover such promotions is to stay informed. Subscribe to the newsletter of companies that offered free gas in the past. Go through free magazines with coupons or various promos to see if something pops ups. Another way to find gas gift card deals is to browse the internet for them.
CVS, for example, gave a $10 fuel coupon to anyone who would spend $30 on qualifying items. This is a great promotion to buy what you need and scoop free petrol along the way.
So, keep your eyes open, especially during holidays and shopping seasons. For example, free fuel can be a treat during Christmas. Alternatively, use our Black Friday tricks to discover similar gratis fuel deals before anyone else.
Join Gas Station Rewards Programs
The best rewards programs are specialized ones. So, it makes perfect sense to get free fuel by joining the loyalty schemes of gas stations. After all, these guys are in the business for years and know what drivers need. If one of these brands happen to be your gas station of choice, you’re in luck.
- Shell Fuel Rewards – join the Fuel Rewards Network to earn points while shopping at Shell and its long list of partners. With this card, you save between 3¢ and 5¢ per gallon, depending on your status. Moreover, Fuel Rewards often launches exclusive offers that get you even higher savings;
- Exxon Mobil Rewards+ – do you ever wonder how to pay for gas without money at Exxon Mobil? The answer is simple. Pay with loyalty points! Anyone can signup for the Exxon Mobil Rewards+ program and earn points for every dollar spent. Use 100 points to get $1 off on fuel, snacks, and car washes;
- Speedway – most Speedway locations are in the East and Midwest. People from there can join the Speedy Rewards Program to collect Speedy Points. Use these points to get free or cheap stuff (fuel included);
- British Petrol – BPme Rewards is here to help you save money quickly on fuel. Join this loyalty program and automatically save 5¢ on each gallon. Besides, you will get access to exclusive deals and offers for further savings too.
Register With MyPoints.com
People have been making cash with MyPoints.com ever since 1996. This platform offers easy money for those willing to complete simple tasks. Shop online at partner stores, read emails, watch videos, complete surveys. These are some ways to earn points using the MyPoints.com platform.
How to get free gas cards with the service? Well, its points are valuable because you can use them to get coupons, real cash, or travel miles. The daily rewards program has lots of gift cards on the menu. Sometimes, these include a free fuel voucher too. The worst-case scenario is getting money and then using it to fill up your tank.
Put Ads On Your Car
I need gas money right away! Do you recognize yourself in this statement? If so, then you should consider getting your car wrapped. That’s right, brands like Carvertise are willing to pay you to put ads on your vehicle. Sometimes, they pay in cash. Alternatively, they may offer free auto gasoline vouchers.
In any case, car wrapping is an effortless way of getting funds or fuel cards to survive the month. How much you can earn via this method depends on where you live and how much you drive. The average monthly earnings range from $100 and $400.
Apply At Free Gas USA
Established in 2008, Free Gas USA is a non-profit fuel grant assistance provider. Securing free gas cards for low income families, the organization is the support Americans need. Free Gas USA partners with public and private organizations. It also works with churches and philanthropic organizations to collect funding for US citizens in need.
Who is eligible for help? Well, all Individuals who need fuel to get to work, visit their doctor or take their kids to school. Still, the main focus goes on meeting your employment needs and generating income.
Free Gas USA offers grants that go between $50 and $1,200. They provide unique fuel cards to ensure the funding is spent on gasoline only. These grants are issued every month.
To check your eligibility and potential grant size, contact the organization right away. You can do this by visiting their website – freegasusa.org.
Ask Local Charities For Help
If you need money for fuel, there’s no need to despair. You can refinance a car loan for a better offer or get another job. Alternatively, you can ask for help from local charities. Forget worrying about how to pay for gas without money and let others assist you.
Community action agencies, United Way, and the Salvation Army are some options to consider. All of these charities have programs that assist Americans in need of food , rent, and fuel. You don’t have to limit yourself to charities either. In fact, churches and other religious organizations also provide help to their community. So, ask around if any of them gives free gas cards for college students, unemployed individuals, or single parents.
One thing to remember – the demand for transportation assistance is high. On the other hand, the funding is limited, with priority given to helping with food and accommodation. As a result, families with children, seniors, and low-income individuals have the best chance to qualify for free petrol.
Are you wondering how to get gas with no money near me? What about joining GasBuddy today?
GasBuddy is a program founded in 2000 whose primary goal is to save Americans cash on fuel. They partner with over 150,000 gas stations across the USA, Canada, and Australia. You can sign up for free. Simply download their iOS or Android app and set up a profile. Then, use their various tools, including Pay with GasBuddy, Trip Planner and Find Gas.
If you register with GasBuddy, you join 600,000 cardholders who save money on gasoline with every fill-up. The brand claims that their consumers have saved over $3.9 million with their help. Namely, when you pay for petrol with GasBuddy, you save 5¢ per gallon. This free cash for gasoline is called GasBack.
Users get GasBack on purchases besides fuel too. Win 10% GasBack for shopping, dining, and parking. Petco, Domino’s, and Walmart are some of the most popular GasBuddy partners. Use the GasBack as prepaid funds to get free gasoline on your next fill-up.
Use Travel Rebates
A great trick to score gratis fuel is to use travel rebates. It’s a well-kept secret that hotels and B&Bs give gas cards or petrol credits to those who stay there.
Some have their own loyalty schemes to reward loyal customers. For example, Best Western lets you accumulate points for every stay at one of their hotels. When you collect enough points, you can redeem them for fuel at participating gas stations.
Travel rebates are among the best ways how to get free gas at a gas station. So, next time you book a trip, don’t forget to look for accommodation that offers such perks.
Best Ways To Get Free Gas – Final Thoughts
Owning a car is a necessity for millions of Americans. Still, to use it, you need to top it up with gasoline. Otherwise, it’s not much of a use to you.
With our guide on how to get free gas cards, we help you maintain a stable budget . There’s no need to give up on your car. You just need expert help to discover the best-kept secrets on saving cash for fuel.
Would you like to keep getting insider tips on saving cash and grabbing free stuff? If so, don’t forget to subscribe to our ProMoneySavings Newsletter and receive them right into your inbox!